Florida Atlantic University Libraries
Special Collections' Finding Aids Repository
- About This Repository
This repository provides access to finding aids which include extensive descriptions and inventories of collections and resources held by the
Special Collections Department of the FAU Libraries. Finding aids in this database are from the following units:
- University Archives: The Archives collection is a repository of significant university publications and records that document Florida
Atlantic University's history and activities. A large variety of materials relating to the history of the University from its planning in 1961 to the
present are preserved and maintained. The collection includes university founding documents, presidential papers, correspondence, budgets,
newspapers, reports and publications, photographs, university artifacts, and memorabilia. Finding aids to faculty papers, which include
teaching materials, lecture notes, research files (notes, journals and photographs), conference papers, writing drafts, and published works are also
available. Access is provided to digital images and links to full text resources when available.
- Special Collections: Finding aids are available from the Rare Books and Manuscripts Collections and the Print Music Collections. The
materials in these collections reflect the diversity of the library collections and preserve local and national history by providing access to
materials such as rare and illustrated books, maps, pamphlets, American Civil War letters, musical scores, illustrations, photographs, and ephemera.
Access is provided to digital images and links to full text resources when available.
- Location, Hours and Access
Special Collections is located on the second floor, room 261 in the S.E. Wimberly Library on the Boca Raton campus. Open hours are from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, or by appointment.
- Default Search Strategies
- The search engine looks for records containing every term you submit.
- Browse by collection title, subject, name, or classification.
- Search by phrase: Use double quotes around your search query. (e.g "Festival of Contemporary Arts")
- Items with a green arrow have digital contents associated with them.